Christcity Lighthouse seeks to serve families and individuals in need of a support system, helping them to overcome barriers, and empowering them to move from poverty to cultural, social, economic, and spiritual prosperity.
We are agents of reconciliation addressing social, spiritual, and economic inequities, particularly those faced by low-income and immigrant families. We do this by reflecting Jesus’ love, creating opportunities for change, meeting people’s physical, intellectual, and spiritual needs, and improving the holistic health of our communities.
We serve community members who are unable, from time to time, to provide adequately for themselves, those facing issues stemming from poverty, including food insecurity, unemployment, and housing. Some of the people we serve may be in need of treatment for mental or physical health conditions, some may be struggling with family problems, while others may be experiencing loneliness and hopelessness.
We seek to bridge these gaps and create a paradigm shift for those we serve, by changing lives, growing communities, and creating resources that address these urgent needs.
- Food security through collective kitchen, and family food hampers
- Education and skill development through occupational training
- Community wellness through group activities, health appointments, and recreation
- Counselling through employment, housing, life and spiritual coaching
- Gospel advancement through relational evangelism
Our services are trauma-informed, which means we recognize and are responsive to the impact of trauma, and strive to make sure people feel physically, psychologically, and emotionally safe.
Christcity Lighthouse is a ministry of Christcity Church, with a board of directors, advisory leadership, and governing principles.
Mario Borba, Christcity Lighthouse CEO
“My hope is to inspire people to find meaning, value, and their Christ-given cause. My passion is to educate and empower low-income and immigrant families to reach their potential. My purpose is to advocate for social justice, to promote wellness for the less fortunate, and to encourage positive change in our society.”
Originally from Brazil, Mario Borba is graduated in Psychology with a major in Pastoral Counselling. Former Youth Pastor, Missionary, and Business Owner, Mario has held several Senior Management positions throughout his career in the Social Services.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible is the Word of God, divinely inspired and fully trustworthy, in all matters of life, belief, and practice.
- We believe in one God, the Creator of all things, eternally manifest in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Virgin Birth of Christ, his sacrificial death on the Cross on behalf of sinful man, and his bodily Resurrection from the Dead.
- We believe that man and woman were created in the image of God, that they sinned, and that sin and separation from God is the resultant fallen condition of all people.
- We believe that the salvation of sinful humanity is only possible through the person of Jesus Christ, Saviour and Lord, forever alive in saving grace and power.
- We believe in conversion, regeneration, in repentance and remission of sins, validated by water Baptism, and sealed by the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, complete with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
- We believe in sanctification, that by means of the Scriptures and the power of the Holy Spirit, the believer is empowered to live a godly and holy life.
- We believe that each believer is responsible to be a vibrant member of a Local Church, a Christian Congregation, there to grow and develop in all aspects of spiritual life and ministry.
- We believe in friendship and fellowship with God, that it is God’s desire to have a meaningful personal relationship with every person.
- We believe in Eternal Life, heaven and hell, in the Second Coming of Christ, the Resurrection of the Dead, and Eternal Judgment.
- Faith – a believing spirit
- Hope – a joyful spirit
- Love – a caring spirit
- Kindness – a gracious spirit
- Generosity – a giving spirit
- Compassion – a serving spirit
- Unity – a team spirit
- Excellence – a diligent spirit
- Integrity – a truthful spirit
- Gratitude – a thankful spirit